Thursday, August 27, 2020

EPW seems to be something of the old world

 Worth Reading.

I used to be a regular reader and an occasional contributor of EPW, like many other students of social science.
Some how EPW seems to be something of the old world, which lost its old charm in terms of content and character. Though one of my very close friend is the editor , I have not read it for a while. I access select articles whenever I need to do so.
In fact, with the transformation of technology, modes of communications, modes of reading too got transformed. Online reading with wide variety of choices are increasing and reading of printed word decreased substantially.
Once up on a time I used to read every page of EPW and made notes for several years. EPW was a part of my regular reading diet. And my reading options and range changed once I moved out of India. Then EPW became another source for few articles now and then. Now it has become just one of the options.
The question is whether it is like the old remington typewriter in the age of smartphones.
Inspired by a post by Rammohan Kt

No comments: