Thursday, March 8, 2018

Strange experiences in the Flights


I had a strange experience on an Air India Flight from London to Mumbai. A man sitting on the next row took so much drinks ( he was asking two glasses each at a time, saying one was for his wife). His wife was so scared and I could hear her pleading him not to drink too much- she kept on saying ...enough!! enough! . I could hear that they were speaking in Malayalam.
Then he began loudly abusing her in Malayalam with the worst of abuses , disturbing and waking up so many people. Others could not understand the language . But I could understand the unspeakable obscenities that he was throwing at his hapless wife . He began to slap her in between. Kids were scared- and crying. I reported to the crew and told them that it was unacceptable that they gave so much booze to an already drunken guy And he was slapping and abusing his wife- and disturbing everyone. Then he started abusing the crew and me too.
They changed my seat. But I filed a formal complaint. In Mumbai police was waiting to arrest him. Then the lady came to me , pleading me to withdraw the complaint, though she was abused and beaten by the crazy guy. She said it would create so much problem for her and kids as they were supposed to fly to Kochi by a connecting flight. She was a nurse and the guy an electrician who did not have a job. It enraged me further as this guy was simply a parasite of his wife - and publicly abusing and beating her. Thinking of the mother and kids , I withdrew the complaint. Then later on the guy came an profusely apologized to me . I told him to apologize to his wife and small children (one was four and other six) .
Similarly I had to suffer another drunk guy from Pathanapuram, Kerala (, a rich kid) on a flight from Singapore to Trivandrum. Eventually I had to help him to walk at the Trivandrum airport as he so tipsy - I often wondered why people are so crazy - boozing in the flight as if they have not seen it. This I see often in the flight to and fro from Kerala. This is a problem often I face in my regular Kochi -BKK flight also. Many guys get in to the flight in vacation mood , completely drunk, making so much of noise unmindful of others.

No comments: