Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Bibliophile

 World Book day is on April 23. And today I will share how I fell in love with books. I fell in love with books at the age of five. It was my maternal grandfather who inspired and encouraged me to read. First news papers and then books. Then I had to do book review sessions with him. Then onward I collected books; small books and big ones ; magazines and what not. Then once again I fell in love with books in our local library Sathyavan smaraka Grandha Shala. The journey that began there took me to libraries and bookstalls in different parts of India and all over the world, collecting books from more than a hundred countries. I never thought twice spending money on books. I am fortunate that my partner too love reading books and shared love for books is one of those things we enjoy together in the family. Both our kids grew up in the library in our house in Pune . So they too became voracious readers.
Books now grew up in to a reasonably big library of more than ten thousand books. Most of them are now at the Bodhigram library. Few thousands more are kept elsewhere. Though i read more online now, my love for books never diminished.

No comments: