Sunday, June 10, 2018

Travelers and Nomads

There is one thing in common between Anthony Bourdain and me and many differences too. What is common is the zest for travel and love being a nomad. What is different is that he was a celebrity. I am not. Anonymity is a blessing for me and celebrity is an unbearable burden. Hence I try to stop the temptations to be a celebrity in real life or social media and every where as I cherish my space of anonymity. May be Anthony too must have been tired of being a celebrity and he chose to end his travels, and life too. In death too he ended up a celebrity. Being a celebrity is not an easy thing in life. It often takes the fun away. being under constant gaze.
I too am primarily a traveler- a nomad in the world, constantly on the move . All other things are incidental. Usually never stay in one place for more than ten days and never eat the same food for more than two days. Even after 125 countries, not yet tired of travel, the world and life. And I love food, people, culture , planet , human creativity, trees, flowers, clouds and everything everywhere. Can eat any food anywhere. Love street food everywhere. And love the sheer diversity of life and the world. But I am a simple mortal, seeking sight and sound, and smelling sweat , blood, life and death everywhere - and sensing the agonies, anxieties and beauty of others- and sensing the larger music of a humming birds, flowing river and unending waves on a beach and thousand orchestra of colure, old and new: forests and skyscraper- and everything , everywhere. Nomads can't choose. They keep moving.
The difference is that he traveled also through TV to the homes and hearts of millions of people. He was a celebrity and his ending his travel and life became a big News.
Meanwhile I travel in the world within,, around and beyond and enjoy the anonymity of such travels and life. In fact I feel most peaceful when I sit on a plane alone ,in the midst of so many. Traveling to the world within and world beyond. I think, meditate, dream and read in the planes all alone. It is those unending travel that makes me alive Life is a travel and travel is life. Keep traveling. Travels makes life exciting. Travel light. Keep only one bag. Keep the big baggage of pride and prejudices out. Be open. Keep the senses and sensibility open to listening , learning and seeing new life every single day everywhere.. It is not the distance of travel that matters. It is not the number of countries that you travel matters. It is the quality of travel that matters.
Packing my bag travel again for few weeks. Travel makes me smile.
And good bye to a great nomad and traveler , an inspiration to many. A fellow traveler. A life well traveled. A life worth all the travel.
Adieu Anthony Bourdain.!! Travel well !!
LikeShow More Reactions

No comments: